The facilities of the ADMTC consist of 2 technologically enhanced teaching laboratories/classrooms, a development lab, digital studio with non-linear editing equipment, high speed data link with a Giga bit fiber backbone and a server room equipped with high-end servers. A wide range of software is installed on computers and servers. The Project site has been renovated and maintained by UCSC. The major equipment was provided by Japanese Government through JICA.
The multi-purpose auditorium is housed on the 4th floor of the new building at the UCSC has theatre style seating with approximately 325 seats downstairs and 98 seats in the balcony located in the 5th floor.
The stage is structured in a way that it can be easily adapted to multitude of functions i.e. conferences, lectures, presentations and even drama and music performances.
The University of Colombo School of Computing Auditorium is one of the modern Auditoriums in Sri Lanka. The Auditorium is UCSC’s pride and joy and located in the heart of Colombo 7.
The Auditorium built within the University of Colombo School of Computing building complex is the best to serve the UCSC population and seating capacity of the Auditorium’s main theatre is 423. Its interior architectural finishing’s wood veneered and fabric-wrapped acoustic paneling, along with carpet flooring. The design of the building is very contemporary; its dynamism is expressed through the unique sweeping curved roofs. The UCSC Auditorium’s dynamic form of the Auditorium symbolizes UCSC’s desire to be a world class University in the new millennium.
Equipped with the state of the art Audio Visual Technology, the Auditorium is the prime choice for any event may it be Professional Lectures, Conferences, Convocations, Arts & Cultural Ceremonies or Concerts.
LOCATION SEATING CAPACITY
University of Colombo School of Computing There are 423 seats
No. 35, Reid Avenue, Main floor – 325 seats
Colombo 00700, Balcony – 98 seats
AUDIO AND IT EQUIPMENT IN THE AUDITORIUM
- JBL Line Array Sound Reinforcement System powered by Crown mixer and power amplifiers.
- Production inter-area Communication System.
- State-of-the-art Digital Podium with HD AV Media Control System
- Digital podium integrated with computer system of desired configuration, touch interactive panel, amplifier, speakers, goose-neck microphones etc. many input/output ports such as USBs, VGAs, HDMIs, LAN, XLR etc. are available.
- UHD 4K Black-magic 4 Video Camera System.
- 10,000 Lumens short through Laser projection system with a mounted 24*18 feet (30 inches diagonal) motorized screen.
- Black-magic Video editing control system.
- Full-featured AV Media Controller System.
- Lighting System.
- Dual channel live video streaming for YouTube and Facebook
The Teaching Laboratory facilitates conducting lectures for 20 participants at a time. 20 numbers of high-end workstations which are specially setup for multimedia and Digital Video capturing/ editing works are ready for class room sessions. Electronic whiteboard, large TV screen with DVD player, VCR and multimedia projector are setup in the lab for interactive learning and presentations. Online teaching materials which are available at the ADMTC web server, make a complete environment for interactive learning.
An advanced digital studio is equipped with state-of-the-art digital equipment such as digital video cameras, video switcher, editing control unit, audio mixer, lighting system and non-linear editing system.
The teaching staff uses this laboratory for research, development of WBT materials and WBT systems. This laboratory is equipped with very advanced multimedia developing computers running on different platforms.
A leased line connection guarantees 24 hour internet service. The high speed fiber backbone and the data circuits ensure the high-speed IP network connection through the servers and other computers within the laboratories.
In addition to the above hardware facilities, a wide range of software tools are available such as:
- Web authoring tools for creating WBT materials and publishing on learning management systems
- Professional digital image processing tools
- 2D/ 3D Interactive content development tools
- Professional video/ audio capturing and editing tools
- Video streaming tools
- Database management systems
- Internet/ Intranet server software
- Open source software