The Advance Digital Multimedia Technology Centre (ADMTC) was established under the University of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC) in order to implement the “Project for Human Resource Development in Information Technology through Capacity Building of UCSC” that was supported by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) as a three year Technical Cooperation Project between the Government of Sri Lanka and the Government of Japan from June 2002 to May 2005. This project had three major components:
- The establishment of Multimedia Laboratories, Digital Studio and network capability to handle multimedia content.
- The training of trainers and content developers for web-based training.
- Strengthening the Research and Development capabilities.
Subsequently, in September 2005, JICA and UCSC agreed to corporate with each other in organizing training programs in the field of E-learning. In the next 5 years, we will be conducting 10I in country Training Programmes and 5 third country Programmes with the help of JICA. The purpose of these courses is to provide an opportunity for the participants from Asian and African countries including Sri Lanka to improve their knowledge and skills in the field of e-learning.
- Digital Video Production and Animation
- Advanced Multimedia Web Design and Development Techniques
- Dynamic Web Development with PHP and MySql
- Interactive Multimedia Content Development.
- Recordings related to the University of Colombo and other government institutes.
- Conducting training programmes targeted for people in the industry.
- ADMTC studio was hired by a private television company to telecast the results of the Presidential Elections held in 2005.
- Multimedia Courses for Undergraduate students are conducted using ADMTC lecture halls and laboratories.